Whether you have light brown skin or deep ebony tones, it’s vital that you find a dermatologist in your community who is familiar with treating patients of color. Skin of color is unique in its structure and tendency to develop certain skin conditions, so it’s essential to find a qualified dermatologist with experience treating patients with similar skin types. At Georgia Dermatology Partners, we understand this need and can help patients of color in the communities of Brookhaven, Braselton, Snellville, and Loganville, GA.
The importance of working with a dermatologist familiar with patients of color
At Georgia Dermatology Partners, our team includes several experienced doctors who are well-versed in the treatment of patients with all types of skin colors and types. In addition, we offer a wide range of services designed to meet the specific needs of our patients, and we work hard to ensure that every patient feels comfortable and confident in our care.
We understand the needs that come with patients of color and work hard to provide the quality care you expect. Below are a few ways in which darker skin may be impacted differently than fair, Caucasian skin:
Patients with skin of color:
- May experience more issues with hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation that can be more visible on those with darker skin tones and more melanin.
- Often deal with conditions such as eczema and dry skin.
- May experience acne at a younger age, which needs to be appropriately treated to reduce the risk of scarring and pigmentation.
- Still need to protect their skin from the sun, wear sunscreen when spending time outdoors and seek shade during peak hours.
- Are more likely to deal with skin conditions such as vitiligo, which causes patches of skin to lose pigment.
Request an appointment today!
If you’re looking for a dermatologist in the Georgia area who is familiar with treating patients of color, we encourage you to schedule an appointment at Georgia Dermatology Partners. We’ll work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your unique needs and helps you achieve healthy, beautiful skin. Call 770-972-4845 to request an appointment at any of our four office locations throughout the area.