Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation
How Is Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation Done?
This therapy is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment with quick recovery time and is designed to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production. Georgia Dermatology Partners offers Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation to patients in Loganville, Braselton, Snellville, Brookhaven, and the surrounding areas.
How does Skin Rejuvenation work?
The first procedure is called Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation. Sterile device is used to create channels in the skin and allow for new collagen formation to improve skin texture and clarity. During the body’s natural wound-healing process of these channels, collagen and elastin are automatically produced.
What is the SkinPen?
The SkinPen is the first FDA-cleared Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation device. The SkinPen uses 14 stainless steel medical-grade needles to create hundreds of microscopic channels down through the epidermis. These micro-injuries trigger a wound-healing response in the body, where healthy new skin cells and collagen are produced.
Skin Pen Vs. Other Skin Rejuvenation products
- SkinPen has clinical testing to prove its effectiveness for reducing acne scars and improving skin texture and quality.
- SkinPen was the first FDA-cleared Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation device and has consistently set the industry standard.
- The microneedle penetration depth can be adjusted. This is especially important due to variations in skin depth. For instance, the forehead has much thinner skin than the cheeks.
- SkinPen is uniquely effective on the delicate areas around the eyes and around the mouth.
- Each treatment at our practice uses a sterile, new, single-use SkinPen cartridge to eliminate the risk of infection.
- SkinPen has Bio-Sheath feature to protect against any cross contamination.
What Is Recovery Like After Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation?
After the treatment, your skin will be slightly pink and feel slightly sunburned. For most people, your skin will completely recover in 24-72 hours. Your body’s collagen production usually takes about 4-8 weeks, so you will continue to see improvements over this time.
What are the risks involved with Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation?
This is a very low-risk, safe procedure. Most patients simply have red skin for the remainder of their treatment day. This will likely fade to pink the second day and the skin may feel a little tight, but normal activities and skin care can resume. Complications, including bleeding, bruising, and infection, are rare.
Who is an ideal candidate at Georgia dermatology partners?
SkinPen Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation is excellent for patients of all skin types who want to rejuvenate their skin. It dramatically improves acne scarring, sun damaged skin, uneven skin texture, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Who should not have SkinPen Collagen-Stimulating Skin Rejuvenation?
Really the only people who are not good candidates for SkinPen treatments are those with active skin cancer in the treatment areas; open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment areas; a bleeding disorder or bleeding dysfunction; are pregnant or nursing; or are currently taking drugs with isotretinoin, such as Accutane.
Are SkinPen treatments painful?
Prior to your SkinPen session we apply topical numbing anesthetic to your skin, which keeps you comfortable. Most patients tolerate SkinPen with minimal discomfort.