Jonathan S. Weiss, M.D.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Michigan with Highest Distinction, 1980
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1984
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 1984-85
- Residency, Dermatology, University of Michigan, 1985-88
- Chief Resident, University of Michigan, Department of Dermatology, 1987-88
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology, 1988
Dr. Jonathan Weiss joined Georgia Dermatology Partners and Gwinnett Clinical Research Center in 1991. He has active clinical and research interests in psoriasis, topical and systemic retinoids, photodamage, actinic keratosis, skin cancer, rosacea, infectious disease, and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. Weiss enjoys challenging medical matters involving the skin and is committed to helping patients achieve their skin health goals.
He has authored or co-authored over 85 medical and dermatology publications in several journals. In addition to practicing at Georgia Dermatology Partners, Dr. Weiss is an adjunct assistant clinical professor of Dermatology at Emory University School of Medicine and lectures regularly at national meetings. He is a past president of the Atlanta Association of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery and the Georgia Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery and fulfills positions on the Board of Directors and Advisory Council for the Dermatology Foundation He is also a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Medical Association, and the Medical Association of Georgia. He is a reviewer and member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and a reviewer for several other medical journals. He has received the Physician Recognition Award from American Medical Association and American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), received a Presidential Citation Award from the AAD and has been a Castle-Connolly Top Doctor since 2001.
Dr. Weiss is an avid tennis player and loves hiking and yoga. He is married and has two children.
Keith D. Wright, M.D.
- Bachelor of Science, Morehouse College, Honors, 1988
- Doctor of Medicine, Meharry Medical College, Honors, 1993
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center, 1994
- Residency, Dermatology, Brown University, 1994-1997
- Chief Resident, Brown University, Department of Dermatology, 1997
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology, 1997
- Fellowship, Mohs Micrographic/Dermatologic Surgery, Emory University, 1998
- Board Certified, Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery Subspecialty, 2021
Dr. Keith Wright joined Georgia Dermatology Partners as a Mohs Micrographic Surgeon in 1998. He quickly established himself as a caring and competent physician and a welcome addition to the practice.
Dr. Keith Wright distinguished himself at Meharry Medical College as an Honor’s Graduate and received the Forde Award for Outstanding Senior, the Shropshire Memorial Surgery Award and was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, which is the highest award a medical student can achieve. He has published articles on Trichoblastoma, Actinic Cheilitis, Primary Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma and surgical complications. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery, and Cutaneous Oncology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology and has the distinction of being among the first to achieve certification in the Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery Subspecialty in October 2021.
Kirk D. Saddler, M.D.
- Bachelor of Science, Physiology, Michigan State University, 1988
- Doctor of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, 1993-1997
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Brown University Rhode Island Hospital, 1997-1998
- Residency, Dermatology, Brown Medical School, 1998-2001
- Chief Resident, Brown University, Department of Dermatology, 2000 – 2001
- Board certified, American Board of Dermatology, 2002
Dr. Kirk D. Saddler joined Georgia Dermatology Partners in 2003. He has a focused interest in general and surgical dermatology. Dr. Saddler leverages his extensive experience and advanced training to deliver the best results to his patients. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, Atlanta Association for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, Medical Association of Georgia, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and Dermatology Foundation.
Dr. Saddler is committed to providing the best level of service, results, and care to each patient. When he is not working, Dr. Saddler enjoys playing golf, tennis, and spending time with his family. He is married with three children.
Alia S. Brown, M.D.
- Bachelor of Science, Spelman College, 2000
- Doctor of Medicine, Meharry Medical College, Honors, 2005
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Maryland, 2005- 2006
- Residency, Dermatology, University of Louisville, 2006-2009
- Chief Resident, University of Louisville, 2008-2009
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology, 2009
- Fellowship, Cosmetic and Laser Fellowship, Skin Laser and Surgery Specialist of New York and New Jersey, 2009-2010
Dr. Alia Brown, director of Georgia Dermatology Partners Aesthetics, joined GDP in 2010. While at Meharry Medical College as an Honor’s Graduate and inductee into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Upon completion of her residency in dermatology, Dr. Brown wanted more extensive training and experience in the areas of laser medicine and injectables. She then was awarded a fellowship position with world-renowned Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist, Dr. David J. Goldberg at Skin Laser Surgery Specialists of NY/NJ. During her tenure, she authored multiple book chapters, was involved in numerous cosmetic studies and did multiple speaking engagements at national meetings.
After joining GDP, Dr. Brown wanted to share her expertise and novel treatment approach, with her patients. She developed a special interest area for cosmetics, antiaging, and skin of color. She started Georgia Dermatology Partners Aesthetics to deliver the most current, and customizable procedures to patients. The practice now has over 20 lasers and the aesthetics team has grown to include multiple aestheticians, laser technicians, and skincare consultants available in all practice locations.
Dr. Brown specializes in partnering with patients to deliver the healthiest, most beautiful skin possible. As a highly skilled skin laser and surgery specialist, she has a focused interest in cosmetic dermatology, including laser medicine and injectables. She places a high priority on her patients’ well-being and enjoys designing the most appropriate and successful treatment path for everyone.
Dr. Brown is a member for American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons, American Society of Laser Surgery Medicine, Women’s Dermatologic Society, American Medical Association, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. In her free time, Dr. Brown enjoys traveling, exercising, and volunteer work with several civic organizations. Dr. Brown is married and has four children.
Jessica J. Mercer, M.D.
- Bachelor of Science, Howard University, Summa Cum Laude, 2004
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2008
- Internship, Transitional in Internal Medicine/Surgery, New York Hospital Queens/Cornell University, 2008-2009
- Residency, Dermatology, Brown University, 2009-2012
- Chief Resident, Brown University, Department of Dermatology, 2011-2012
- Board Certified, Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology, 2012
- Fellowship, Dermatopathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Dermpath Diagnostics of New York, 2013
- Board Certified, Dermatopathology, American Board of Dermatology, American Board of Pathology, 2014
Dr. Jessica Mercer, Co-Managing Partner and Director of Dermatopathology, joined Georgia Dermatology Partners in 2014 as a dermatologist and dermatopathologist, a subspecialty in which she studies skin, hair, and nails on a microscopic level. This additional expertise gives her an advantage in masterfully approaching challenging dermatological conditions. In addition to her immense skill, she is regarded for her compassion towards patients and her attention to detail. She values a dynamic patient-physician relationship and works side by side with her patients in order to understand their medical history and develop a treatment plan that is personalized and successful. She has trained at highly-acclaimed academic programs, and has a comprehensive practice that includes general dermatology, pediatric dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, and surgical dermatology.
Dr. Mercer has a special interest in hair loss conditions, and has effectively treated many patients through innovative medical therapies and procedures. She stays abreast of cutting-edge therapeutics for alopecia such that her patients have access to the best treatment options available. She is a thought leader in the field, and her expertise has been recognized through features in publications and national awards.
Dr. Mercer is a member of American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatopathology, Women’s Dermatologic Society, Skin of Color Society, American Medical Association, Dermatology Foundation, Medical Association of Georgia, Atlanta Association for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, Georgia Society for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. She also formerly served as Assistant Professor at the University of Miami Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery. In her free time, Dr. Mercer enjoys international travel and recreation, mentorship, and community service, exploring new shops and restaurants, taking in local sports games, and spending time with family and friends.
Susan Oh, M.D.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Texas at Dallas, 2011.
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas, 2015. Rank #1. Recipient of the prestigious 4-year Alumni Student Scholarship.
- Internship, Texas Health Presbyterian Internal Medicine Residency Program, 2015-2016.
- Residency, Dermatology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston and MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Dermatology, 2016-2019
- dermMentors™ Resident of Distinction, 2017
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology, 2019
Dr. Susan Oh joined Gwinnett Dermatology, P.C. and Georgia Dermatology Partners in 2019. She has active clinical and research interests in skin cancer, acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, autoimmune disorders, diet and dermatologic disease/aging, pediatric dermatoses, dermatologic surgery, and cosmetic innovations and skincare. Dr. Oh is passionate about providing excellent dermatologic care. She places a high priority on achieving the best possible patient outcomes utilizing a personalized and interactive approach in all clinical, social, and cultural milieu.
She has authored or co-authored medical and dermatology publications in several journals. She is a member of American Academy of Dermatology, Women’s Dermatologic Society, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, International Peel Society, and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
At the University of Texas at Dallas, she was a yearly winner of the Smart Scholarship and the Bryce Jordan Scholarship. She was a full-tuition scholarship recipient during her study of Chemical Engineering at The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Art and Science. During medical school, she was the AFMR Regional Scholar in 2012 and received the SSCI/SAFMR Student Research Award. She was ranked first in her class and elected among the top 5% of her class to the Junior Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She received the dermMentors™ Resident of Distinction in 2017.
Dr. Oh is married to a pastor/chaplain, has three beautiful daughters, and loves to be involved in the community. She also plays the violin and has performed in several symphonies. In addition to her musical gifts, Dr. Oh is a competitive swimmer. In her spare time, Dr. Oh enjoys spending time with her family and volunteering in church and outreach programs.
Rechelle Tull, M.D.
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science, Honors, Oakwood University, 2010
- Doctor of Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, 2017
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Wake Forest Baptist Health, 2017-2018
- Residency, Dermatology, Wake Baptist Health, 2018-2021
- Chief Resident, Dermatology, Wake Forest Baptist Health, 2020-2021
- Board Certification, American Board of Dermatology, 2021
- Fellowship, Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology, University of Vermont, 2021-2022
Dr. Rechelle Tull joined Georgia Dermatology Partners as a Mohs Micrographic Surgeon in 2022. She enjoys providing excellent, compassionate care to all of her patients.
Dr. Tull earned her medical degree from Wake Forest University School of Medicine. She completed her internship in internal medicine and residency in dermatology at Wake Forest Baptist Health, where she served as chief dermatology resident. After residency, she completed a highly competitive, ACGME-accredited fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology at the University of Vermont, recognized as one of the top programs in the country. During her fellowship, she performed over 1,200 Mohs micrographic surgery and facial reconstructive surgery procedures. She also gained expertise in laser surgery and cosmetic procedures, including injectables and fillers.
She has published over 14 peer-reviewed publications and has spoken at numerous regional and national academic conferences. In addition to being a Diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology, she is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American College of Mohs Surgery and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
In her spare time, Dr. Tull enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, outdoor activities and playing the piano.
Joel S. Shavin, MD- Physician Emeritus
Dr. Joel Shavin founded Gwinnett Dermatology, PC as a single physician practice in the once small community of Snellville, Georgia in July 1978. In 1981, he formed Gwinnett Clinical Research Center, in conjunction with Dr. Jonathan Weiss. He was published in over 55 medical and dermatology journals and was a member of several organizations, including the American Academy of Dermatology, Atlanta Association for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, Georgia Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, Medical Association of Georgia, and Southern Medical Association. He retired after 43 years of practice in December of 2021.