With a New Year comes the opportunity to be proactive in your skincare. Here are five resolutions to benefit your skin:
- Use Sunscreen – the sun causes more problems for your skin than any other environmental factor – wrinkles, freckles, other unsightly blemishes AND skin cancers. Use a moisturizer with sunscreen every morning and make sure to put on a full sunscreen prior to prolonged sun exposure.
- Moisturize – Dry skin predisposes to a myriad of problems. Use a good moisturizing cream once to twice a day, especially after showering.
- Perform Skin Self-Examinations Monthly – Monitor your skin for changes in moles or new lesions, especially ones that bleed spontaneously or hurt.
- Gently Cleanse Your Skin – Harsh cleansers and soaps can dry out the skin and cause eczema and other skin problems. Use mild/moisturizing soaps and cleansers in your daily skin care.
- Don’t Procrastinate – If you notice a problem or suspicious lesion on your skin, seek care sooner rather than later to avoid complications or future problems.