What to expect from your first visit
- Posted on: May 15 2019
If you have had good or even great skin for your entire life, then you probably haven’t had to see a dermatologist. If, however, you have started to notice that you have some sort of skin concern, then let us at Gwinnett Dermatology help you get back your once perfect skin. To help you come to your first appointment feeling calm, prepared, and ready to roll, we have created a list of a few things for you.
What to Bring to Your appointment
No, you don’t have to bring actual bottles for skincare products and medications that you are currently using, but we will ask you to bring a list of everything that you use, when you come in for your appointment. Additionally, also come prepared with:
- Driver’s License or Photo Identification
- Insurance card (if applicable)
- Prescription card (if applicable)
- Any previous diagnostic tests or outside medical records related to your condition (surgical reports, pathology reports, laboratory test results, referring doctor’s office notes)
- List of question or concerns you may have about your illness or treatment to discuss with your provider
Depending in what we are seeing you for, you may or may not need to follow any of these instructions.
- If your skin issue is on the face, please arrive with no makeup or expect to remove makeup at the appointment.
- If you have a skin issue or rash, stop applying any cream for this condition a few days before your appointment. Bring any creams with you to the appointment.
- If the condition affects your fingernails or toenails, please remove any nail polish before your appointment.
What to Expect from Your Visit
When you get to our office and after you check in, we will take you into a private examination room. If you are going to have a skin cancer evaluation, we will have you change into a medial robe so that we can take a closer look at your skin. This type of exam only takes a few minutes and we will look for discoloration, moles, and other skin issues.
If we are going to examine a certain part of your body like your shoulder, you may want to wear a tank top so that we can easily look at it. Otherwise we have robes for you to change into.
Are you ready to take schedule your first appointment with us at Gwinnet Dermatology? If so, contact our Brookhaven office and call us at (770) 972-4845.
Posted in: Cosmetic Dermatology